The Parkline Story

Building
Four Decades
of History

In the 1930's, a critical need arose in the oil and gas industry for a durable and easily erected small building system for production fields and refineries. The Parkersburg Rig and Reel Company of Parkersburg, West Virginia put its engineers to work designing a new self-framing, interlocking panel building that became the forerunner of the Parkline building system.

In 1973, Parkline, Inc. was formed as an independent company and acquired the assets necessary to produce the complete line of Parkersburg self-supporting metal buildings. In 1997, Parkline became 100% employee owned. Through continuing research and product development programs with an emphasis on customer service, Parkline remained the industry’s leader.

In 2012, Parkline partnered with Summit Park, a private investment firm, in a venture that encouraged growth in both product capabilities and product reach across the United States. This move allowed Parkline to expand its already well-known brand name and helped increase the number of products available to its customers, all while still leading the industry in metal building innovation and construction.

Our modern production facility, located in Eleanor, West Virginia, added a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility as its neighbor. Home to our Pre-Erected division, the new facility added an additional 20,000 square feet to Parkline’s home, enabling us to take on larger, more sophisticated projects.  In 2014, Parkline will be going through a major expansion as we incorporate our own structural fab and painting capabilities at our current facility.

Parkline's staple in the metal building industry continues to grow stronger each year. Parkline is able to ensure a high quality product that meets both the company’s and customer’s standards.